Sewing Kit HD 2.0 Is Coming!
It’s been a long time since I posted about Sewing Kit HD, but there is a lot to talk about in my next upcoming release.
I’m moving up to 2.0 in the version numbers because I think this is a big deal!
I’ve partnered with the McCall company to add some cool features to the app. I’ve also changed the look of the app to have more professional graphics, and some McCall branding.
This partnership does NOT stop you in ANY way from using non-McCall patterns, it only enhances the app’s features for McCall company items.
More importantly, there are several cool new things the app will do if you enter or have entered McCall company patterns. These would include patterns from McCall’s, Vogue, Butterick and Kwik Sew.
If you turn on the option to interact with McCall’s, you get the following benefits:
- The “back of the envelope” yardage, fabric, notions, etc. details will be downloaded from McCall’s so you have all the of details at your fingertips.
- All available sizes are also downloaded, so you can pick the one you purchased instead of typing it in.
- Fabrics are pulled from the yardage chart and added to your pattern so you can see the suggested fabrics at a glance.
- The retail price is also added – feel free to change it to what you really paid!
- If you make any purchases online at the McCall’s store, they will be downloaded to Sewing Kit HD automatically (if you enter your email address in the app) the next time you run the app!
In addition to the great news with the McCalls partnership, several big bugs have been killed!
- Scrolling through patterns does not crash any more! (I tested with 300+ patterns, dozens of scrolls back and forth through the list)
- Crashing while creating a pattern is fixed (I entered 120 patterns with no crashes)
- The app will no longer change “McCall’s” to “McCalls” – it now knows how to deal with apostrophes in names
- Book scanning will no longer crash when there is an apostrophe in the name of the scanned book
- Pattern scanning will no longer crash when there is no size information on the envelope
- Adding a pattern to a project no longer crashes
And one more thing…
You can now copy your database to your Dropbox folder! And, of course, copy it back from your Dropbox folder! This will let you enter all of your information comfortably on your iPad, and copy it to your iPhone for easier carrying to the stores!
The app is in final testing right now, trying to get the last little nits out before sending to Apple.
I’ll post again when the app is ready to go!
Thanks again for all of your continued support for, and patience with my app!
Vesta Software, LLC